KYRTON TRADITIONAL ARCHERY
CREAM TEA FIELD SHOOT
Sunday 11th August 2019
Field course to be held at Furze Farm, Pennymoore, Nr Tiverton, followed by a cream tea!
This is a traditional archery field shoot, hosted by Furze Farm, to be run by Kyrton Archers, in a similar style to that of the former SPTA.
Classes of bow: English Longbow, American longbow, Hunting Recurve (wooden riser) and Primitive bows.
Arrows must be wood, or bamboo, with feather fletch.
Fee: Adults £10 Juniors (under 18) £5 (Cream Tea is included in fee)
Pre-payment please by Fri 2nd August - needed in order to plan for catering requirements!
Refreshments/food will be available to purchase on site, and there will be a raffle.
Furze Farm is at Pennymoore, near Tiverton - the post code is EX16 8PQ
(if you use a Satnav you need to carry on beyond the bungalow as this is not ‘your destination’!
Directions from M5
- Exit at junction 27/Tiverton.
- Exit off roundabout onto A361 signposted to Barnstaple.
- After approx 11⁄2 miles, at roundabout, take 1st exit onto A3126 to Tiverton.
- At next 3 x roundabouts take 2nd exit signed to Crediton/Witheridge
- Pass Halfords (on your right), straight across small roundabout by Morrisons, over bridge to mini-roundabout and turn Right into Leat Street A3137 signed to Witheridge.
- Take Left turn up Long Drag Hill
- Carry on towards Witheridge , (through Withleigh) for about 5.6 miles
- Go past a long lay-bye (Roadstone lay-bye) as you come out of Cruwys woods
- At Peak Cross bear Left, signed to Puddington and Black Dog.
- At the next crossroads (Two Post Cross) turn Left, signed to Pennymoor.
- Over a hill and after a sharp left hand bend, Furze Farm is the next proper farm lane on the Right - there is a sign at the start of the lane which says 'Private drive to Mayside and Furze Farm'
Send form, with payment, to:
A Couling, 4 The Close, Rewe, Exeter, EX5 4EY
(contact email address firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01392 841282)
Please make cheques payable to ‘KYRTON ARCHERS’